Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
At WaveStone Capital we realise the importance of sustainability for all companies, and that we as fund managers, have an active role to play in ensuring that companies are taking responsibility for Environmental, Social and Governance Policy (ESG) issues and are actively monitoring their compliance with best practice in this area. This reflects our obligation to clients to both maximise medium term returns we hope to achieve our aim of generating above average, long term sustainable returns.
We believe that the formal incorporation of ESG factors into overall investment analysis has become essential and have actively sought to prepare ourselves for this shift in the way company activities are evaluated. As part of this commitment to incorporating ESG more fully WaveStone Capital is a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
The PRI is the overarching framework of our ESG philosophy and as such, we commit to the following:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices. We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues from entitles in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the PRI within the investment industry.
- We will work to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the PRI.
- We will report on our activities and progress towards implementing the PRI.
WaveStone is a signatory to the UN-supported Principles of Responsible Investment.