Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
We believe that responsible management contributes to the achievement of Sustainable Competitive Advantage. ESG considerations are embedded into our investment process and enables us to assess risks and opportunities that are not yet reflected in asset values. Further, we demonstrate our ESG beliefs through active engagement with both board & management of investee companies. We believe that successful engagement can, not only, reduce risks to asset owners but also create value. Through engagement, our aim is to encourage companies to improve the way they manage their own ESG risks.
As part of this commitment to incorporating ESG more fully WaveStone Capital is a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
The PRI is the overarching framework of our ESG philosophy and as such, we commit to the following:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices. We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues from entitles in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the PRI within the investment industry.
- We will work to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the PRI.
- We will report on our activities and progress towards implementing the PRI.
WaveStone is also a member of the Climate Action 100+ initiative, an investor-led collaborative engagement group focused on engaging with systemically important greenhouse gas emitters and other companies across the global economy to improve governance on climate change, curb emissions and strengthen climate-related financial disclosures.